Thursday, July 25, 2013

I HEART YA: Book Spotlight + Sneak Peek: Cloud Nine by Melissa Smith



Check on Goodreads!

Purchase at Amazon and Barnes and Noble!
Synopsis: What happens when you receive a guardian angel?

What if you don't believe you need one?
What if one wants you removed?


Claire Grayson is a seventeen year old girl on the verge of graduating high school. Better than a year ago her mother went back to work full time. Her father, being an attorney, has always been gone long hours, so that is nothing new to her. So now she has learned to take care of her basic needs on her own. For spending and gas money she works part time as a tutor for other students who need a little help in various subjects.

Her best friends are the bright spots that helped to keep her laughing when she thought herself in love only to have thim break her heart. After the crash of her heart, it took her a while to come back to the land of the living. Just when she did, when she was finally done waiting for him to realize his mistake. When she decided that it was time for her to move on. She meets Sterling Warde.

Sterling Warde is a Guardian. He helps people in need and helps them get on in life with a better understanding of living. While with a charge that was almost ready to take back his own life, Sterling catches a glimpse of Claire and is startled by his reaction to her. Puzzled, he follows her to see what the spark was. What made her reach out and touch his nerves and steal his breath. When he finally reveals himself to her she is afraid of him and doesn't want him around. But with time and patientence, he works to see her safe.

There are people out there that want each of them for themselves. Someone who will stop at nothing to have Sterling. Someone who will do anything to reclaim Claire's affections. Together, Sterling and Claire will dissuade them. Someone will fall. Someone will hurt. And others will...


Sneak Peek from Chapter One!

Have you ever heard the saying ‘The grass is always greener on the other side’? Or, if you hear someone say ‘every cloud has a silver lining’, you really don’t imagine it to hold any real truth, just wishful thinking. Well, that’s what I thought anyhow. Until, I had my very own cloud with a silver lining. Ok. I can see your face now. You don’t believe me, but it’s true. It showed up in my bedroom as this little mass of what I thought was fog. Yeah I know. Fog in your bedroom, you say? Again, I know how it sounds, but it’s true. Well, my name is Claire Grayson and this is my story. Let me start off with that morning.
The morning of November 4th, I woke up to my alarm clock at 6:45 am. Just like every other regular weekday for school. I laid there in bed trying to coax myself to get up. When I finally managed to drag my sorry self out of bed, I looked over by my closet door to see what looked like a patch of fog hovering about two or three feet off my carpeted floor. I sat on the edge of my mattress for a couple more minutes just staring at it. Waiting, and wondering if it would disappear. It didn’t. I waited some more. Maybe about six or seven minute’s had passed before I got up to look at it a little more closely. I stood about a foot away from it for another minute or so, just to see if it would disappear. Again, it didn’t. With more than a slightly nervous hand, I reached out to it. When my fingers had just broken the surface, it seemed to solidify right in front of my eyes! As quick as the snap of lightning, pulling back my hand, I jumped back a few feet and landed on my backside rather painfully. As I sat there and watched it, it seemed to be getting a little bigger. Where at first it was only about the size of a beach ball, it was now about the size of those ridiculously big balloons car dealer’s use! Maybe even just a little bit bigger! But by the time it got to that size, it seemed to slow down and stop growing all together. My heart slamming in my chest, adrenaline pin pricking all over my body, I stood up slowly. I backed up until my knees hit the edge of my bed and I was forced to sit. I sat there for what seemed like forever when inside my head I heard a deep voice speak.
Hello Claire.
A voice! In my head! Eyes darting around for the source, I ran out of my room as quickly as my tingling legs would carry me. All the way down the steps and into the first floor bathroom. Closing the door and locking it, I put my back against it and just stood there gasping for air.
There just doesn’t seem to be enough in this little bathroom!
After about five or six minutes of deep breaths, I calmed down enough to think. “What was that?” I asked myself, not expecting an answer by any means.
I am here to be of service to you Claire. It spoke again with a smooth tone.
Quickly scanning the bathroom, I spin in a circle looking, “Who… Wh… What are you?” I hissed into the air.
You need not speak out for me to hear you Claire.
I start to blink my eyes several times in an attempt to wake up. Ok, I’m still sleeping. I must be. That’s it, I'm dreaming. I think as I pinch my arms, and slap my cheeks. Soon my real alarm clock is going to go off and I’ll wake up from this craziness.
You are not crazy, I am real. And, as I said before, I am here for you Claire. The voice responded to my thoughts in a timbre that rumbled low and soft.
I started freaking out just a little more that this dream just isn’t stopping and I'm not waking up, I walk over to the sink and turn on the cold water. I place my hands under the running water and wait to wake up. Nothing. I’m still standing here. I bend down so I can splash some cold water onto my face. Again, still not waking. Wake up Claire! Wake up!
You are not sleeping.

Enter to win one of ten ecopies of CLOUD NINE under the E-Copies Giveaway Pile on I HEART YA page!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

TeamNerd Features!