Friday, August 23, 2013

Book Spotlight and Sneak Peek: Righteous Decisions by Casey Harvell



Righteous Decisions
Author: Casey Harvell
Add to your Goodreads Shelf!
Purchase on Amazon
 
Synopsis: When Lettie, a misfit photographer, realizes her nightmare have become reality she is more than a little freaked out, but as her world gets turn upside down, and at the top of the paranormal hit list, she discovers more about herself than she ever thought possible.
Lettie has always felt as though she doesn’t quite fit in. She suffers from a nightmare disorder and has a constant thought at the back of her mind, that something is just not quite right with her. She manages to maintain her blissful ignorance for quite some time, but eventually she must face her fate, particularly when circumstances throw it in her face, making it impossible to ignore. Lettie comes to the realization that she has to make some decisions. And these choices have an unimaginable domino effect, not just for her, -but for humanity. Thrust into having a new outlook on an imperfect world, Lettie discovers strength inside of her, unlike anything else. Her path of self-discovery is also the path to her salvation. With the help of a few friends, Lettie discovers herself, and what she is capable of.  
 
 
Sneak Peek!
 
I hit that really relaxed level when I feel a change of energy in the air. I open my eyes and sit up but all I hear is the pounding of the waves and I can’t see anything out of the ordinary. Something is definitely not right. I try to stand, but it suddenly feels as though I’m paralyzed, rooted to the chair. I try to call for Gabe, but I can’t seem to do that either. I’m starting to get really scared when I see a dark red mist begin to swirl around me. I can’t make out the form, but the dark energy feels familiar.

“Charlotte,” it calls to me mockingly, and I have a chilling realization as to who it is.
The demon is here and I can literally do nothing. My fear escalates because I’m completely unprepared for this confrontation. My defensive training doesn’t start until tomorrow, dammit. I’m pretty sure that Zane won’t care about that excuse. So I do nothing, because that’s all I can do.
The angry red mist spins faster and faster until I’m nauseated. My heart pounds in my ears and I begin to feel as though I am barely hanging on to consciousness. I can’t turn my head, but through my peripheral vision I begin to see sparks all around me. I’m now officially panicking because not only am I paralyzed, but I have no idea what’s going on. My thoughts are also focused on the safety of Gabe, Shay and Max inside. The sparks grow and I hear a loud rumble of thunder directly over top of me. Before I can think to do anything more there’s a loud crack and sizzle. There is intense pain, and then there is nothing.
 
 
 
 
 
 
Author Bio: I’m a thirty year old mother of two boys who resides in upstate NY. I also work full time, go to school part time, and aspire to be a novelist.

I successfully self-published my first book, Lingering… (which can be found on Smashwords among other places) and am currently hard at work on a new series.

I also can build great Lego houses, amazing Angry Bird levels, and have the ability to conquer anything Mario related. I'm slightly zombie obsessed and am known to use the word "BOOM" frequently. If I ever have time to do what I want to do I write, read, and occasionally play COD.
 
Where to stalk Casey!
 
 
 
 
 
 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

TeamNerd Features!