Monday, January 20, 2014

Top Ten Monday: Favorite Quotes from North & South Miniseries (Ep. 1 & 2)

Brought to you by TeamNerd Reviewer Annabell Cadiz

One of my FAVORITE shows is NORTH & SOUTH which originally premiered on BBC in 2004 but I didn't discover it until I was searching for something good to watch on Netflix. At first I was a bit iffy 'cause Netflix has some lame slash horrible junk on it but after the first episode I was definitely glad I found it! I absolutely FELL IN LOVE with Mr. Thornton and Margaret Hale's love story set in the hardship of industrial life! I thought it would be fun to share some of my favorite quotes in the hopes of enticing you guys to give the show a chance yourselves *wink wink* *nudge nudge*



TOP TEN FAVORITE QUOTES FROM EP. 1 & 2

“When I get married, I want to wake up on a sunny day, put on my favorite dress, and just walk to the church.” ~Margaret Hale

“But surely to give a dying baby food is not just a question of logic.” ~Margaret

“Well, they do say the devil makes work for idle hands, don’t they? Maybe his hands weren’t so idle.” ~Williams

“The people here don’t want to learn. They don’t want books and culture. It’s all money and smoke. That’s what they eat and breathe.” ~Maria Hale (Margaret’s mother)

“I dare say a gentleman has never had to see 300 corpses laid on a Yorkshire hillside as I did last May. And many of them were children. And that was an accidental flame.” ~Mr. John Thornton

“Mr. Thornton, go down this instance and face them like a man. Speak to them as if they were human beings. They’re driven mad with hunger. Their children are starving. They don’t know what they’re doing. Go and save your innocent Irishmen.” ~Margaret
“I’m sure she will take you from me. That is why I didn’t want you to go see her today. I wanted one last evening of being the first in your affections.” ~Mother Thornton

Mr. Thornton: “Ms. Hale, my feelings for you are very strong
Ms. Hale: “Please, stop. Will you please don’t go any further?”
Mr. Thornton: “Excuse me?”
Ms. Hale: “Please don’t continue in that way. It’s not the way of a gentleman.”
Mr. Thornton: “I’m well aware that in your eyes at least I’m not a gentleman. But I think I deserve to know why I am offensive.”
Ms. Hale: “It offends me that you should speak to me as if were your duty to rescue my reputation.
Mr. Thornton: “I spoke to you about my feelings because I love you, I have no thought for your reputation.”
Ms. Hale: “You think because you are rich and my father is in reduced circumstances that you can have me for your possession? I suppose I should expect no less from someone in trade.”
Mr. Thornton: “I don’t want to possess you, I wish to marry you because I love you!”

Margaret: “I’m sorry.”
Mr. Thornton: “For what? That you find my feelings for you offensive? Or that you assume that because I’m in trade I’m only capable of thinking in terms of buying and selling? Or that I take pleasure in sending my employees to an early grave?”


“Of course you must have to disappoint so many men that offer you their heart.” ~Mr. Thornton 


EPISODE 1 (via YouTube)



EPISODE 2 (via Youtube)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

TeamNerd Features!