It's FINALLY here!! Michael, the second book in TeamNerd Creator and Author Annabell Cadiz A-MAH-ZING trilogy, will be coming out on WEDNESDAY and we are throwing a week long celebration in honor of how much we LOVE the book!
Check out why you MUST read LUCIFER and MICHAEL!
TOP TEN REASONS
10. Covers: The GORGEOUS and SWOON WORTHY covers are so enticing, they just call out to you and make you want to read the books! I mean look at Michael’s come hither look, how you can resist? *hehe*
9. Marshmallow Cafe: Despite the fact that this place isn’t actually real, Annabell loosely based it off of her love for Jackson’s Ice Cream Parlor in S. Florida and it’s one of our FAVORITE settings in the books. If Sons of Old Trilogy ever became movies, we would TOTES sneak on as extra during these scenes just so we could stuff our faces with delicious goodies *mischievous grin*
8. Weapons: There are some really fun weapons the lead characters use to take down evil supernaturals. Pink, sparkly Tasers, shiny daggers, portable pepperspray, and magic filled arrows. We would LOVE to own a sparkly, pink Taser or the blue tipped arrows since they can freeze people in place. Good to use on guys who get too grabby hands, right, girls? *wink*
7. Humor: There are SO MANY throw-your-head-back-laugh-out-loud moments throughout both books, especially in MICHAEL, thanks to Zahara and Becca sassy and honest mouths and Amos who is just out of control!
6. Parents: One of the best aspects of Sons of Old Trilogy are the parents. Zahara and Becca’s parents play a central role throughout the story. They have a leading voice and actively participate in what goes on in their daughters worlds. It was such a refreshing element to read since so many times YA/NA fiction don’t really place parents in their stories. If they do, the parents tend to play in the background or don’t have much of an opinion or are dead or absentminded. Solomon is like the BEST dad and Mia is a TOTALLY kickbutt mom!
5. Characters: Seriously, can’t decide which characters we are OBSESSED with more!
Let’s start with the FABULOUS women in the trilogy. Zahara and Becca are the main female leads who are also best friends. It’s great to read a female relationship where the girls have each other’s back instead of working to tear each other down. They encourage, support, and believe in each other. They have their fights but they always come back together because they love each other. Mia and Catalina are both Light Witches and sisters. If there are two women you do not want to go up against, it’s them! They could kill with a look let alone the amazing powers they possess. Ariel is Becca’s mom and she’s sweet but also has a tough side her, especially if you try to mess with her daughter.
Now onto the SMEXY male leads. Rekesh Saint-Louis is at the top of our list. He is suave, has an old world charm, and lethal. As the leader to the biggest Imago (supernatural who’s skin glows silver in the moonlight and who are super-fast and super strong and super dangerous) coven in Florida, he is definitely a supernatural we wouldn’t even try to mess with! Then there’s Jason who is a Nephilim (half-angel, half-human) and absolutely adorable and sweet and has a boy next door charm with a mischievous edge. Next up is Amos, an Imago with a slick mouth, a beautiful face, and oozing sex appeal. We fell in love with him right from the beginning! Followed by Bryan who is strong, dependable, sexy, and powerful. After him, there are Solomon and Adam, the dad’s of the group. They are both funny and entertaining and so loveable. Charles comes next. He is a fallen angel who runs a boarding school for the children of rogue supernaturals who need somewhere to live and get an education in all things supernatural. He is always so inviting and welcoming and warm. He is patient and kind and just as gorgeous as the other males in the story. Then there’s Ivan, Rekesh’s second right hand Imago, who is all lethal muscle, honest mouth, and grrrr attitude. You’ll want to punch him and kiss him. Then there are Dustin, a rogue Cadtellus, and Eric, a Light Witch in Mia and Catalina’s small Light Witch coven. Both are strong and brave and loyal. Where Eric is laid back and flexible, Dustin is more like Ivan.
Ahhh! Just so many characters to love and swoon over!
4. Romance: One of our ABSOLUTE FAVORITE romantic relationships is Rekesh and Becca. We just HEART the two of them together SO HARD! Rekesh is dark, tall, handsome and secretive since he has to protect his vast coven but Becca’s bubbly personality and good heart break through his walls to win him over. It’s great to see how they build their trust in each other and to read the ups and downs they go through to overcome how very different their worlds are. Another one of our ABSOLUTE FAVORITE relationships is Jason and Zahara. They are just so FRIGGIN ADORABLE together! Jason is a drop-dead-dreamy Nephilim with beautiful blue wings and glowing tattoos that move all around his skin. His relationship with Zahara starts off REALLY rocky considering he kidnaps her but Zahara grows to forgive him and trust him through MICHAEL to discover a guy with a big heart. It’s fun to read Zahara’s sassy mouth and Jason’s teasing tongue go at with each other.
3. Supernaturals: This is one of the really cool elements to the Sons of Old Trilogy. Even though Fairies are apart of the trilogy, they aren’t like the fairies we’re used to reading. They have iron part of their blood and magic. They can also use their shadows as weapons by separating them from their bodies. So freakin’ awesome and scary! Imagoes are also a completely different form of supernatural. Their skin glows silver in the moonlight because they were born from a mermaid and a fallen angel. They have super speed and strength and vision and hearing. For the Imagoes who live in the Celeste Kingdom, they can control the element of water. Cadtellus are humans who are bound to wolves through a curse. Their human counterpart can merge their souls with their wolf counterpart and use Earth bound magic. Nephilim are half-angel, half-human hybrids created from fallen angels and human women. They have powerful tattoos that swirl and move along their body for protection and stunning wings.
2. Leanian: Even though we already described the characters above, we had to give Leanian his very own spot. He TOTES deserves one! He is one of our TOP favorite characters of the entire trilogy so far. With a chiseled body, a blue Mohawk, and a serious demeanor, Leanian is that mysterious bad boy you just can’t help but be drawn to. He is very loyal to Rekesh as his right hand Imago and best friend. He’s pretty secretive but also has a fun sense of humor, especially when he’s messing with Becca to annoy her. Leanian also has no understanding of women, particularly human women, and it’s fun to see his awkwardness with Summer (in Michael). We can’t wait to see where his relationship with her goes!
1. Battle Scenes: The BEST part of the Sons of Old Trilogy is the EPIC battle scenes throughout the books! They are dark and crazy and bloody (not overtly though!), and suspenseful! They will leave you feeling breathless and completely shocked by what happens! From the opening of the books to the very last page, the action is non-stop and heart-stopping!
Make sure to check out LUCIFER and MICHAEL!
Add on Goodreads!
Synopsis: Have you ever wondered what could be hiding in the shadows?
Well, for eighteen-year-old Zahara Faraday, she doesn’t have to wonder. You see she comes from a lineage of Light Witches, those who have chosen to help protect and serve between the supernatural world and the human world. The only problem is Zahara, like her father Solomon, is as human as a human being can be whereas her mother, Mia, and her Aunt Catalina, were born as Light Witches. As a family they hunt down rogue supernaturals—creatures who harm humans or who have committed an act against their kingdom.
Zahara’s hunting skills are usually kept dormant since her parents would prefer she live life as a normal human girl without knowledge of the supernatural world. She plans on doing just that—except when she finds a couple being attacked by fairies, she has no choice but to step in. Before she can return to pretending to be blissfully ignorant, Zahara encounters a problem she isn’t the least equip to handle: Bryan Hamilton, the good looking new co-worker she has to help train. In a heartbeat, her best friend, Becca King, has set her up on a double date with herself and her new crush, Rekesh Saint-Louis, who happens to be the most powerful leader of the biggest Imago Coven in South Florida –supernatural creatures with the ability to control water . . . and suck out human souls.
Zahara has no time to focus on how she’s going to explain her double date with her best friend and the enemy they have a tentative truce with to her parents because soon one of the members of Mia and Catalina’s coven is found murdered with a strange tattoo of a snake with wings carved into his arm.
Zahara is then thrown into a whirlwind battle with an angel determined to have revenge against God, an Imago coven she doesn’t think they should trust, and slew of dream-eating fairies and powerful Nephilims, hybrid children of angels and humans, more than happy to rip her to shreds.
Normal just got a deadlier definition.
Publication: MAY 28, 2014
Add on Goodreads!
Synopsis: Zahara Faraday looks like a normal eighteen-year-old and lives in a quiet neighborhood with her overprotective parents. She works at a bookstore and hangs out with her best friend Becca King on a daily basis. But underneath the normal lies a secret life filled with dangerous supernaturals. Zahara belongs to a world made of Light Witches, rogue Imagoes (supernatural creatures with super strength, speed, and silver skin when the moon is out), fallen angels, and Nephilim (hybrid children born half-human, half-angel). Where her father Solomon Faraday is human, her mother Mia and her Aunt Catalina are Light Witches. They help protect the human world by hunting down rogue supernaturals who commit heinous acts against humans. What they never expected was the possibility of having to hunt down the one rogue coven they had befriended and come to trust in their battle against Lucifer. Rekesh Saint-Louis is the leader of the most powerful Imago coven in Florida and now he’s the most suspected. Supernatural bodies are starting to pile up with an ancient ritual long forbade being used to murder them and the symbol, one large cross with four smaller crosses around it—which represents Rekesh’s coven— being left behind. Rekesh and the Elders of his coven set out to find who is behind the murders and clearing his name before a war between the covens begins. To make matters more difficult, Rekesh also has to deal with the return of someone he has been keeping a secret.
Meanwhile, Zahara and Becca are spending more time brushing up on their training, knowing an attack from Lucifer can come at any moment. Between patrolling neighborhoods and hanging at the boarding school created by Charles Stephens—a fallen angel who created the school to protect the children of rogue supernaturals—they are thrown into one battle after another. Zahara begins to develop a closer bond with Jason as they train and chase down clues to clear Rekesh’s name. What she doesn’t know is the very powerful secret Jason is keeping; a secret that will change the course of the fight with Lucifer.
But Rekesh’s coven being set up isn’t the only danger. A new powerful and lethal drug has emerged from the shadows of the supernatural world called Inferi. The drug has two deadly side effects: it leaves the supernatural hungering for blood—both human and supernatural—and grants them the elemental power they had once possessed.
Lucifer is on the move and he will stop at nothing to get his hands on Zahara and complete the first act of his plan.
A battle is about to begin.
One that may cost the Faraday family everything they hold dear.