Monday, March 11, 2013

Favorites Monday: Favorites Quotes from Favorite Hawt Male Literary Leads

As avid book-a-holics, we are often confronted with super hot, gorgeous, swoon worthy male leads that leave our hearts melting and hooked for more! Below are some of our favorite male leads and some of the quotes that rendered us powerless to their charms *wink* Enjoy!



Quotes by Adarin Ivashkov (The Golden Lily by Richelle Mead)

“Day 24. Situation is growing worse. My captors continue to find new and horrific ways to torture me. When not working, Agent Scarlet spends her days examining fabric swatches for bridesmaid dresses and going on about how in love she is. This usually causes Agent Boring Borscht to regale us with stories of Russian weddings that are even more boring than his usual ones. My attempts at escape have been thwarted thus far. Also, I am out of cigarettes. Any assistance or tobacco products you can send will be greatly appreciated. ~Prisoner 24601"

“He shouldn't have said that," repeated Adrian, eerily serious. He leaned his face toward mine. "I don't care if he's not the emotional type or the complimentary type or what. No one can look at you in this dress, in all that fire and gold, and start talking about anachronisms. If I were him, I would have said, 'You are the most beautiful creature I have ever seen walking this earth.”

“Nice blouse, Sage,” Adrian told me, deadpan. “It realy brings out the khaki in your pants.”

“With a few swift steps, Adrian stood in front of me again. The wall was only a couple inches behind me, and I had nowhere to go. He made no threatening moves, but he did clasp my hands and hold them to his chest while leaning down to me. No, you will listen. For once, you’re going to hear something that doesn’t fit into your neat, compartmentalized world of order and logic and reason. Because this isn’t reasonable. If you’re terrified, believe me—this scares the hell out of me, too. You asked about Rose? I tried to be a better person for her—but it was to impress her, to get her to want me. But when I’m around you, I want to be better because… well, because it feels right. Because I want to. You make me want to become something greater than myself. I want to excel. You inspire me in every act, every word, every glance. I look at you, and you’re like… like light made into flesh. I said it on Halloween and meant every word: you are the most beautiful creature I have ever seen walking this earth. And you don’t even know it. You have no clue how beautiful you are or how brightly you shine.” 

“Did you just use juxtaposition in a sentence?" 
"Yes, Sage" he said patiently. "We use it all the time with art, ... That, and I know how to use a dictionary” (Sage and Adrian)





Quotes by Jace Wayland (City of Bones by Cassandra Clare)

“Is this the part where you start tearing off strips of your shirt to bind my wounds?"
"If you wanted me to rip my clothes off, you should have just asked.” 

“It means 'Shadowhunters: Looking Better in Black Than the Widows of our Enemies Since 1234'.” 

“Your friend's poetry is terrible," he said.
Clary blinked, caught momentarily off guard. "What?"
"I said his poetry was terrible. It sounds like he ate a dictionary and started vomiting up words at random.” 

“Haven't you ever heard that modesty is an attractive trait?"
"Only from ugly people," Jace confided. "The meek may inherit the earth, but at the moment it belongs to the conceited. Like me."

“Have you fallen in love with the wrong person yet?'
Jace said, "Unfortunately, Lady of the Haven, my one true love remains myself."
..."At least," she said, "you don't have to worry about rejection, Jace Wayland."
"Not necessarily. I turn myself down occasionally, just to keep it interesting.”






Quotes by Asher Cross (Spell Bound by Rachel Hawkins)


“It’s a speaking stone. Lets you appear to people kind of like a hologram. You know. ‘Help me, Sophie-Wan Kenobi, you’re my only hope.”

“As soon as we’ve saved the world from a demon invasion, it’s you, me, and Applebee’s.” (to Sophie since he promised her they would go on a real date)

“Hell does wreak havoc on the skin.”

“Nearly murdered by my own relative. That has to win some kind of medal for dysfunction. Or maybe it’s just family tradition.”

“We’ve tried to kill each other, fought ghouls, and kissed a lot. I’m pretty sure we’re married in some cultures.”

“That’s really not for you to decide. And if you feel that way, maybe you should just go ahead and give me the ‘It’s Not You, It’s Me’ speech right now.” (Sophie)
“That’s the thing, though. I can’t. I could stand it if you left me, but I don’t think there’s any way I could leave you.” (Archer)





Quotes by Nick Marcelli (The Book of Lost Souls by Michelle Muto)


“Hmmm. No. What happened? Someone deflate her boobs, or her ego?” He tapped his forehead. “I forgot. They’re one and the same.”

“Are you jealous? Even a little? I mean, some of the guys think Phoebe is pretty hot. At least before you made her look like a Chia Pet. Nice. I like a girl who isn’t afraid of a little mischief.”

“Okay ladies,” Nick said to Shayde and Ivy as everyone’s attention returned to Spike. “Wipe the drool off your chins and take a last look at Prince Charming before we turn him back into a toad.”

“I know more than you, lizard lover. If you can handle it, maybe I’ll tell you.” (Nick to Ivy)

“What do you want, Nick? (Ivy)
The corner of Nick’s mouth eased into a grin that made Ivy’s insides somersault unexpectedly. “You,’ he said without breaking eye contact.”

“I had fun tonight,” Nick said, “Well, except for the whole impaling thing of course.

“‘Look, Ivy. I may not be who you end up with. 
I’m not even who you think you want.
But, Ives,’ he said softly, 
‘We both know that right now, I’m just what you need.’”
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

TeamNerd Features!